Tuesday, October 01, 2013

I am beginning to think that autumn has forgotten us.   Except for the trees turning, we have had a couple of cool nights though no frost, things have been lovely.  It was 78 on my car thermometer today.   Strange for October 1st.

I spent the morning washing clothes and starting to plan my days in New Orleans.    With just 2 1/2 days I want to see as much as possible.    My friend Maureen's daughter Katie lives in New Orleans and can get me tickets to the aquarium.   That would be such fun.    I will be doing a city tour, hopefully a s bayou tour and going to a cooking class.    I also want to go to Mass at the St. Louis Bascilica which was established in the 1700s.   Of course it has been changed since then but is an old old place anyway.     I am excited.   

I will be with Leslie and Bill from Sunday night to Friday.   Shreveport and Bossier City are new to me too.    It will be fun to be with them.   

This afternoon, I went to the Kettle Country Quilt Club.  We were working on the placemats for Meals on Wheels.   I told you that I made 6.   Two pair for the Meals on Wheels project and two for Mother. Their next project is not for me.   They are making wheelchair bags.   I made them once before and just didn't like the project at all.

Tomorrow is quiet except for my getting my hair cut shortly after lunch.   I have bangs down almost over my eyes, so it is definitely time.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: