Saturday, September 07, 2013

A day mainly at home.   That is always a pleasure.   I slept until 8AM which is also a pleasure.

I believe that the shots Dr. Leben gave me on Wednesday are working.    I have far less pain in my arm and shoulder.   By next Wednesday we should know if it has been successful.   Then we will see how long the shots bring relief.   If it is over 6 months it will be worth continuing .  Pray for this as the other option is orthoscopic surgery of the shoulder.   Don't like that at all.

I took pretty much the day off.  I made Briocoli de Manzo, an absolutely delicious dish with venison, ham, cheese, much like a rouladin and stewed in fresh tomatoes with basil and parsley.  So good, so tender.  I have three more meals.  So if someone wants to join me for dinner let me know.  The tomatoes were fresh Romas that I got from my friend Alison.

I also am experimenting with polenta.   I never could have done that with Dick here.   He would have told me that why would he try it if he didn't like it.    I sauteed a lot of celery, onions and peppers in butter and then stirred in the warmed polenta.   It is quite good.  I will have it with my coconut shrimp tomorrow.   Want to come?  I will be eating my main meal at about 12:30PM.  

I also have prepared a nice big pot of tomato basil soup with the tomatoes that were given to me by some elf the other day.   More than I could eat before they spoiled so I decided to treat myself.  I am restocking my soups anyway.    Homemade are so MUCH better than canned.

I went to Mass with my neighbors, the Bernauers this afternoon.   That was nice.   It is always good to be with someone and Rita, who I often take with me, was in Appleton with her daughter.

Tomorrow I am home ALL day and will take my time and just try to finish a couple of projects and work on St. Erwann.    You will understand when I finish the book next year.

All my love

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: