Monday, September 02, 2013

Labor Day

This was a special day for me.    I went to Mother's house at about 11AM.  This is her and Dad's 74th Wedding Anniversary and I always (except for one year when it got away from me) bring her flowers to celebrate.   She always smile so big and it makes me feel so good.   She always tells me things about that day, way back then and about the early days of their marriage.     I took my lunch and ate with her.    Before I left, I prepared her sandwich for her supper so that she will have an easy time of it.

Home again, I rested a bit as I did not sleep well last night.   But I received a call from Jacquie.   My other sister in law, Doris, who has been living with Jacquie and my ex husband, had a massive stroke and is brain dead.    She is still living in her body.   All life support has been removed but her body is still functioning.   Vikki, my niece, and her son and boyfriend are with her.    Please pray that it is not long as this must be just awful for them.    I remember sitting with Tim.    Jacquie called to ask me to let the boys know and I will keep them informed as she lets me know. 

I will be going to bed soon as my arm has been aching all day and it has really taken the starch out of me.    I did get a LOT done anyway.   Can't stop.  I'd probably feel it more then.   I am going to put cold on it when I get in bed, and I have taken a pain killer.

Love you all

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: