Saturday, August 03, 2013

Saturday

I forgot to post yesterday.   I was concentrating too much on getting to bed with everything done for today, because I HAD to be up and ready to go by 8AM.

I actually slept pretty well last night too.   Did I tell you that the shower head in my shower broke.  I broke a couple days ago, so I just used the other bathroom.   However, yesterday, I went to Manards and got a new one.    I had taken off the old one and was able to get the new one on without any help.   I am always pleased to be able to do maintenance on my own if I can.   That way I am not a pest and when I do ask for help, I really need it.

Today was a lovely day.    Writer friends, Kate Herman and Patty McKenzie, rode with me to the WJ Niederkorn Library for a book fair.   It was well put on.   There were three local writer/teacher/publisher speakers.  One was Mary Wagner who wrote Running in Stilletos.   She had also presented at IBAM and is interested in Celtic Women.   She talked about not being afraid to let life take you into new adventures.   The talk was called "It's never too late to make mid -course corrections."  

The first speaker was Kathie Giorgio from AllWriters, a writer and teacher who talked about getting it done and the last one, I did not go to because I wanted to peruse the writers out on the patio who were there with their books and venders with food and so on.

I really was not worried about missing the last one, Shannon Ishizaki who is from Orange Hat Publishing because she is speaking at the Sheboygan County Writers in September and she actually said that I should wait til then as she gives the same talk.    Lovely little lady.

Got home at about 3PM and fussed with Roxie until it was time to go to Mass.   I picked Kate up again on the way to church and stopped at Tom and Rita's to bring the sacrament to them.    Rita looks so much better.   She has the feeding tube in and it seems to be working.  Tom had to have a hernia repaired this week so they have matching tummies.   Pray for them.   But I am so pleased with Rita's spirit.   She says she is coming next week and as I am writing this,I realize that I am not going here next week because I will be going to St. Michaels out in Parnell as Fr. Mike is saying Mass out there.   Oh Well, I will visit her during the week and see if Maryann could bring it.

I am really tired tonight but it is a wonderful tired.    Tomorrow I will be home all day.

Til then.

Dia Dhuit

Mary 

No comments: