Monday, August 05, 2013

Well, I forgot to post on Sunday too.   I think I am shuffling too many things in my head right now.

This coming Sunday will be Reunion of the Clans Sunday at Parnell.    I almost have the Mass Folder done and have rounded up the people we need to the various jobs that need to be done.    Then things will START to slow down.   The following weekend is Irish Fest AND Leslie and Bill are coming AND Monday the 19th is the dedication of Dick's plaque at Mead.   Then the following weekend is my high school reunion AND my friends Kate and Ron are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

Labor Day weekend I am going to the Higland Games in Wauwatosa with Gail and Rosemary.   I intend to do some Scotland planning while I am there.   And will see my friend Mike, who helped Dick and me with his motorized chair.   He saw Celtic knots on my table and we were immediate friends.    When I went to the earlier games, he and his reenactment group the Tribe of the Blue Moon were there and his wife and new baby too.  

Today I went to Bible study.   We had a pretty full house and have started our new study of the Acts of the Apostles.    We have decided to go through the introduction first so we can see the direction of the study.   I am glad we have because, we already are learning that Acts is kind of like Luke - the sequel.

Mom was doing really well today.    Her hearing is so bad, but I just make sure that she understands.  Tomorrow she has an eye doctor appointment.    I know her hopes are up but I am afraid that there is going to be little or nothing that they can do for her.   Please pray for our sweet lady.

I had an appoint with Dr. Sochi about my stomach pain.   He was very upfront with me.   The medications I have are the best for relieving symptoms.  He cannot cure the problem which is stress.   But I just have to do the best I can,  see that I get my yearly checkups and necessary tests and keep going.   Now I know and will just hang in there.

Home again.   I have been on the phone and working on the projects in order of importance.   Tomorrow more of the same.  AND I am helping a neighbor as best as I can with what I know or writing memoirs, going to Quilt Club and attending a condo meeting.

Speaking of condo - one of my neighbors, Janet, is in the hospital with strep pneumonia and an infection that developed after surgery.   Please pray for her.

That's all for today.    Hope you are all well.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: