Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Last night I woke up to the wind howling like there was no tomorrow.   And then came the rain and thunder and lightening.   I know now that we had it pretty good.   Appleton and other areas near them had tornado like storms.   A church was demolished.   How sad.  

At least I did not have to water today, which was on my list.  It was a busy day.   I finished the worship folder for the Mass at St. Michaels.   I went grocery shopping.   Then I did some banking and went to the Research Center.   We got the printing done for the mass and then Beth and I went out to lunch at Ella's   I had not been there in ages and had one of their egg salad on marble rye.   I love marble rye but find that if I get a loaf it lasts too long. 

After lunch I stopped at Mom's to drop something off and to update her checkbook.   Eileen was there so the three of us had a little visit.   Mom is very disappointed because her eye doctor appointment yesterday brought no relief.   We knew better but in her little heart she was so hoping that they would be able to give her a new prescription on her glasses and her problem would be solved.   It is so hard to see her disappointed.   We wish we could fix it for her.

Home again, I am here until Friday some time.   What a relief.   Leslie forwarded pictures of my new twin great grandsons, Troy and Toby.   They are beautiful as we knew they would be.

Nora's latest picture of Marcus was SO cute.   She let him paint in the bathtub and he was laughing and painted as beautifully as the tub was.  What a guy.

So. tomorrow will be quiet.  Maybe not quiet but I won't have to be leaving anyway.  

Take care and I love you all

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: