Thursday, July 11, 2013

What a glorious day.   It was beautiful outside, even if I did not spend a LOT of time out there.   I spent most of the day baking.   You know how I love that.

Tomorrow,  Friday, June12. from 5 to 9PM. with a poetry reading at 7PM by the poets, is the Cooler By The Lake exhibition at ECBO ARTs in Sheboygan.  We have gotten a bit of publicity, notably in the Sheboygan Weekend section of the Press.   (My name is even in there. Ya Hu.)   I spent a chunk of the day baking cookies and Barm Brack for noshing on by our visitors.   I love baking, you know, and made much too much.   But I will bring what is left to my book signing in front of Book Heads, 216 E. Mill Street, Plymouth on Saturday July 1, from 9AM to 3PM.    This is quite a weekend for me.   I am so delighted.   I feel that my sweetheart is smiling on me.

I read an interesting column today on the popular names for babies at this time.  I was delighted to hear that two of the top ten boys names are Finn and Declan.   Two very Irish names.   I wish I could have two more baby boys.

I have been noticing a lot of headbands and scarfs over the heads of people all over the crowds that appear at GMA and beyond.  It reminds me of a Grandma thing.   Nora was with us for a while one summer and we took her down to the Mill Street Days celebration.   Lots of kerchiefs were being sold as this was a "look" and our Nora spent a lot of time picking out just the right kerchiefs to tie around her head.   I told her that in my day we called the bubushkas.  She was stunned and delighted.   The name made her laugh which is one of my special memories of my special granddaughter.   I am blessed with three special granddaughters.   How lucky am I!!!!!!!!

Dia Dhuit

Mary






No comments: