Saturday, July 27, 2013

Saturday

It was a quiet day.    I went back to bed after I fed Roxie but she came in at about 7AM, not happy at all.   She pestered me until I finally got up at 8AM.   I don't know why, but she does not like me staying in bed mornings.

I spent the morning working on another section of Andrew.   Tomorrow I will be finishing another.   I think I will be able to make the writing deadline.    I may have followup work with inserts, like pictures and maps.

I also did some sewing on the place mats that I am making for the Kettle Quilters to donate to Meals on Wheels in November.   I have, however, decided to drop out of quilt club.   I find that all it is doing for me is making more work with projects they come up with and at this time I prefer getting an idea and putting it into fabric without feeling obligated.    I have enough to do with CWI and Writing.

I baked the blueberry pie that I have been hungry for and had a piece with my supper tonight.  

My friend Rita, who goes to mass with Kate and me when she is well enough, was NOT well enough this week.    Remember, she has ALS.   Please pray for her she has had a couple of setbacks this week.   I brought communion to her and Tom today.   She is so frail and her speech is quite a bit worse.  

 Alan Pape, a friend of mine, brought brochures and information on Cape Breton in Canada, which is, I know, a seriously Scottish area.    Perhaps CWI would plan a tour there too.   Not too far and we could do a long weekend perhaps.

So.  I am closing down.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

.

No comments: