Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It is 7PM and I got home from the Green Bay Shareholders meeting just about a half an hour ago.   It was a long day, but a good one.   I am glad it was not last week with all the heat and humidity.   It was hot in the stands, but no rain and we could breath.

The stadium was a bit less than half full BUT when we pulled onto Oneida Blvd. it was solid stop an go until the parking lot which was full anyway.   We found a house that was parking people on their lawn less than two blocks from Lambeau so we took it and it was just fine.

Seating was where ever you wanted so we found a place looking down on the stage that was set up on the west side of the stadium where we had a good view.   Actually the best view was the TV screens on either end of the field on the scoreboards.  It was quite an all encompassing stockholders meeting.    Took close to two hours.    Then we got to tour basically the whole stadium, especially the new South End which has added 7000 seats.    We were told that 3800 people on the waiting list got season tickets and some have been on the list for thirty years.   Wow.

We left there about 2:30 or three,  I am not quite sure.   We ate lunch at the Olive Garden.   We all had Calzone and Tuscana Soup.   I brought my soup home for tomorrow's lunch.   Tomorrow I will post pictures.   I am just too tired to download the camera tonight. 

Those stadium stairs are not make for short old ladies and I went up and down them twice, then up and down stairwells several times.    Lines were everywhere, but we found to our surprise, that when the lines finally got funnelled into the new addition area it was easy to move from one spot to another without bumping into too many people.  Super pictures.    I got some really nice ones of Bobbie and Bill.  Bobbie took a couple of me with the Celtic Women Tartan.    We like "Where in the world is the Celtic Tartan?" in our newsletter.

Roxie was quite grateful when I got home at 6:30PM an hour and a half past her dinner time.   Usually she is irritated, but did not seem especially so tonight.  She is clingy and wants to go to bed now.

I do too.

Dia Dhuit

Mary






No comments: