Monday, July 22, 2013

It was a very hot day today again.   Actually the morning was just wonderful and I was home by noon and at that point, the temperature was still below 80 degrees.    That cool front is coming through and the next few days should be very pleasant.    I want to sit our on the deck like the lady of leisure that I am.

I left a bit early for Bible study because I had to stop and pick up some wine for Mom.    I got a Prairie Fume and a Marsala.   I told her that Dick sent them.    She liked that.

Bible study was great but that room was like an oven.  Everybody was there.  Felicia is recovering from shoulder surgery,  Mary is still off for the summer and nobody else had an appointment or was sick.   Wow.   We are eleven strong when we are all there.    We got onto a discussion of the fact that hardly anybody closes their business on Sunday any more.    Hobby Lobby, Evans and car dealers.   We are going to make a concerted effort NOT to do ANY business on Sundays anymore to discourage this and do our part to make holy the day of the Lord.

Mom was feeling pretty good today.    We had a fun visit.  Got into a lot of subjects.   She liked the Brigit beads.   I was given the assignment of bringing her the background on St. Peregrine.

Home again, I had turkey and gravy for lunch and have been working on the Reunion of the Clans Mass, my writing and finally getting baby presents off to babies that I am sure are growing as I speak.


Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: