Monday, June 17, 2013

Today was gorgeous.   They say a cold spell is sweeping through and we may get rain again, but nobody should complain about today.   It was our fourth beautiful day in a row.

I came home from Bloomsday last night just too tired to post, so decided to wait until tonight.   It turned out to be a super evening.   There were eleven of us, including my friend Paul Hanson, who joined us as a Ulysses/James Joyce expert.  We started gathering at 5:30PM.    When I arrived, Joan and Dick Kramer and Joan Schwabe and Peg Payne were already there.   The others wandered in between 5:30 and 6:30.   I had brought the usual Gorgonzola and crackers and Peg treated us to a bottle of  Burgundy wine.   I also brought Banbury Cakes from my friend Maureen's book that she shared, The Joyce of Cooking.  I got a salmon dinner.   Brought the soup and part of the salmon home for lunch for today and tomorrow.   The food and service were excellent last night.   I am going to call Sean and let him know how much we enjoyed everything.  Paul gave us a lot of insight into Ulysses and Joyce.   We are thinking of an all day reading of Ulysses that is done in many parts of the world for next year.   Maybe.   Could be fun and a real challange.

Today was my usual busy Monday.   I went to Bible Study at 9:30AM.   Our Peggy was back after a double knee replacement.   She looks good, can drive and walk without support but has to move VERY slowly.   We are so happy she is there.

We finished the second last Psalm in the series.   Mary, our summer bible attendee came today.   We were so happy to see her too.   Last year she was part of another study and never did get to us.   She works at the school for 9 months of the year.   Good discussion.   We have figured out that the Psalms are the same prayers and petitions and praises that we are praying today.   The world has not changed all that much.

Next over to Mom's.  We got her bills all squared away and then I showed her my book.   I will have my copies nest week and then can start seriously selling them.   She kept smiling so I know that she liked it.

Home again, I lunched and then went to the Cream City Writers  where I again shared my book and told them about the poetry exhibit at Ebco in Sheboygan the middle of July.   I will go into detail on that when I get my handouts.   I will also be detailing the book when it properly appears on the web sites that it is supposed to be on.

So a busy day and a tired Mary.

Bless you all

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: