Sunday, June 09, 2013

This was a very pleasant,productive and fun Sunday.

I lazed around this morning until 10AM.  My friend, Nancy Gallagher Roehre, picked me up at ten to go to the mass for the St. Mary School final year.  Nancy and I were in the first class that graduated from St. Mary's .   We started in 6th Grade and graduated in 1954.   My brother Jeff was in the first class that went from 1st through 8th Grade.  So the Deeleys were well represented.  It is a shame that the school has to close.   As Mother said,  it was the only alternative to public school in Sheboygan Falls.  Of course these days people are home schooling.  

When I got home it was about 1:30PM.  So I did some cleaning downstairs.  I am trying to get my sewing stuff sorted through and organized.   An impossible task, I know, but one can only try.

Leslie sent me pictures of my new granddaughter and great grandson.  They are both beautiful and I can see family resemblance in them.   So they are good looking.

I will be going to bed early with the Tony Awards on.   Dick and I always watched them and this year I need to find out which show I need to see when I go to New York for my trip.   The entrance act was so phenomenal.

Sandy came over today to bring me the rest of the files and such that I need for this Secretary of Tallgrass gig.   We had a nice visit and  I will spend part of the coming week familiarizing myself with the information.

 I fixed myself a pizza tonight.  Bart and Bret remember this one.  I would thaw a loaf of bread and let it sit.  Then spread it over a pizza stone.   Pour a can of tomato sauce over it.   Add sliced hot dogs,  shredded cheese, ( your choice), assorted herbs.  I used fresh today.  Oregano and thyme.  Don't forget oregano.  Bake at 375 for about l/2 hour.   It is SO good.  I won't even mind eating it for the next week.

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: