Thursday, June 13, 2013

It poured last night and the thunder just rolled over the house.   I always have trouble sleeping, thunder or no, but finally dozed off and when I woke up it had stopped.  

Today, I worked on gathering information on the first Celtic Patron Saint for  the new book that I am starting.    I have decided to do St. Andrew first and then St. Colum Cille.   They are both patron saints of Scotland and since I am planning on going to Scotland in 2015,   I will do them first.  

I received a call yesterday from a lady named Jen Stewart.  She works for the International Crane Foundation and was coming to the Plymouth Area and wanted to meet people who are members of the Crane Foundation IFC.   I thought that was interesting.    She came today about 10AM and we had a wonderful conversation.   She was interested in how I go interested in them.   I was able to tell her how much Dick and I had enjoyed ICF and used to try to go every year when Dick and I were able to travel.   I also told her that I had met George Archebald at UWSheboygan several years ago.   I had introduced myself to him as a groupie.    I do love the cranes.

George Archibald leads groups to areas where the cranes gather to help them and learn more about them.   Next year in March, they will be going to Nebraska to the Platte River.   I am going.   I told Jen to put me on the list.   One of those tours was always one of my dreams and one in the states would be great.   Maybe overseas sometime in the future.   But this will be just great.  

I took a walk this afternoon.   I also got a call, finally, that my new glasses were ready, so I picked them up too.

So a full, full day.   Tomorrow about the same.   No appointments but a lot to do.  

I called Jacquie tonight.   I received my birthday present from her yesterday.    We had a pleasant talk.  Pray for her.  She is having a procedure done to her lumbar region to relieve fluid in her cranium.   This is suppose to be a very low rish way to do this.  But it is still a procedure and an invasion to her body.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: