Friday, June 14, 2013

Today was beautiful.   The sun shone all day but the temperature hovered in the low 70s.   Perfect.   I could be contented with that all year.

Jody cleaned this morning.   I spent the morning studying up on St. Andrew, who I have chosen for the first chapter in my Celtic Patron Saints book.   Found a lot of interesting information.   Of course, much of it leads to more questions.   That is why it will take a while to finish this book.

I got a call from the Corner Studio in Sheboygan Falls.   My engagement and wedding ring was all repaired.   I am so happy.  You know how good they look new and freshly cleaned and now I know the gem is safe for a long time.  I picked it up on my way to lunch at the Dairy Queen with my friends.   A long way around but I am so happy to have it back.   I just did not feel right without it.

We had a nice lunch.   I received the box from XLibris with my business cards, book marks and post cards.  So I did a bit of marketing at lunch, I gave bookmarks to my friends.

I will send postcards to all of you.   I am so excited.   I should be getting the copies that I have purchased in a week or two so will be able to give my family and friends who read this the book store price.   It really looks good.  

I have spent the afternoon going through the file drawer that I have set aside for writing.   I am throwing a lot away and organizing the rest so that I can get my hands on it easily.

This will be a lovely weekend.   Both days are quiet until evening.  Saturday, I will go to Mass and Sunday the Celtic Women will be celebrating Bloomsday at 52 Stafford.   If anybody wants to join us, we are gathering at 5:30PM for cocktails and conversation.   We plan one eating at about 6:PM  then between 6:30 and 7PM, closer to 7PM I think we will enjoy a discussion of Joyce and Ulysses.   We are joining perhaps thousands of Joyce enthusiasts all over the world in this celebration.   CWI are providing Gorganzola Cheese and Burgundy Wine in the spirit of the event.  

So the day is done and was a satisfying day, I must say.

Hope you can say the same.

Dia Dhuit

Mary




"Every day has one hour in which a wish may be granted and in which a person has the power to see spirits.   Only by trial and error can that period be known."  An Irish Superstition

No comments: