Tuesday, June 11, 2013

This was a day with no scheduled events.  It was trash day, so I had to get that out to the corner.  I went grocery shopping at about 11AM and got home in time for lunch.    I even made a stop at the bake to cash a check for Mom.  

I had thawed some venison and gravy that I had in the freezer and served it to me with rice and the leftover bean salad I brought home from Mom's yesterday.   It was very good.

I worked on Condo stuff today as I have all the files from the previous secretary now and I also did more followup on the Scotland trip and some writing.    I have decided that starting next week, I am allotting a project for each day of the week.   Actually, Wednesday will be Ancestry and I may at least spend part of tomorrow on that.   However, I received the author's copy of my book and tomorrow will need to contact XLibris to begin the marketing.   I will be doing a lot myself but need to get advice and the marketing tools from them.

I got a call at about noon from my friend Kathy Paul.   She was coming to town and wanted to have coffee at Exchange Bank, if I was free.   Why not.   So we met a bit after 2PM.  On the way, I took a bunch of books that I don't want anymore to Dear Old Books to get credit on new books.  I also picked up a copy of Ulysses as my copy on the Kindle will not be user friendly for me on Bloomsday.   My friend Maureen lent me a book called The Joyce of Cooking which will also be fun to refer to.

Kathy and I shared a cup of coffee and a good visit.   She is a good friend and is a caregiver so I was able to support her in her need too.

Jeff came this evening and replaced the blinds on the north side of the house.   I am so glad.   I have had a towel in the bedroom covering the window where it had fallen down.  I like these better too.   they are the push up, pull down kind.    He stayed for a grilled cheese supper with me.   I really like that, I so seldom have anybody to eat with and meals are much more pleasant if they are shared.

So, a full day.    Tomorrow, I believe I can be home ALL day and am going to work on marketing the book, which by the way is called Schlitzhagen and Green Meatballs, and Ancestry.   I will "Market" it to you all soon.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: