Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This was a really good day.   I got to sleep in just a little bit this morning.   Then had my haircut appointment at 10AM.   I had a couple of things to do at Walmart, so I went there right after the haircut and took care of them.

Then, there was a Whifler family reunion lunch at the Roadhouse on Hwy 57.   I went to at least one of these before and it is fun.   These are cousins who come from my Grandma Helen Deeley's family,  She was a Ziegler.  Grandma's sister Anna married Charles Whifler, that is where the connection is.   It was fun.    My classmate, Loraine Schaap's Grandma was Anna.  

After lunch, I came home and just planned on spending the rest of the day here, then I got a call from Mary Ann Bernauer, who is Bailey's "mom".
Bailey was the kitty I took care of last weekend.   Anyway,  Mary Ann and Larry invited me for pizza at Dee O'Malleys.    I really enjoyed the evening.

Nora called to night and we had a good visit.   She and Leif were just in Germany on a tour and had a wonderful time.   I will like to hear more about that and see pictures.    Bart and Barb and I are going to Germany one day together.

So I am home, finishing a nice cup of ginger tea.   I finally found some just plain ginger tea and it is really good.    And then I will be going to bed.

I have a good book and can put the cold pack on my neck which will make the ache better.

So until tomorrow.   Bobbie will be here and we are going through papers that should help with the Kunert Genealogy that I found in Dick's desk.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: