Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I have had a lovely birthday.    Some cards arrived yesterday,   some came today.   Leslie and Bill sent flowers.   I got calls from Richard and Brenda, Bret, Suzi and talked to Barbara.   What a lucky gal I am.

My friend Janet emailed me last night and invited me to have breakfast with her and her Richard, who also has his birthday today.   So I met them and some friends at the Roadside at 8AM.   It was a good breakfast with good friends and conversation.

As we were leaving, we saw a beautiful boxer running across the parking lot and getting much to close to HWY 57.    She kept kind of getting in and out of view.    I tried to get her to come to me but she wasn't confident enough for that.   She was obviously a sweet dog, but I wasn't going to grab her and take a chance on her snapping at me.   That would have only added to her troubles.   So Janet and I walked over after her to the motel next door and one of my singing mates from Springtime on Broadway was in the office.    She recognized the dog and put her in a fenced in yard.   There are others apparently and they are ALL supposed to be tied.   So Janet and I felt that we had done out good deed for the day.

Now it is getting on to 9PM and I will head for the bed.

Tomorrow is fairly quiet, but I will be getting a hair cut and going back to the Roadside for lunch with my Wiffler cousins.   They meet a couple times a year.   This is on my Dad's side.

So until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary      








If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.

No comments: