Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hello World.

I hope you all missed me last night.  It IS nice to be noticed.    Last night was the last performance of Springtime on Broadway with the Plymouth Singers.    I think it went very well.    We heard nothing but complements from our audience and both nights were sold out.

Singing from Les Mis, Porgy and Bess,  Phantom and so on, how can one go wrong.    Bobbie and Bill came and said they liked it. After that last performance, we had a potluck.   Boy.  Good food.   Barbequed pork sandwiches, fresh cream puffs and LOTS of other things.    I brought fresh cranberry scones.   I did not get home until after 10PM and you know that I am a nine o'clock wonder so to bed I went.

The rest of the day was busy too with the bi annual condo meeting and the baking and Mass at 4PM.  

Today I am home.    Home.   What a wonderful sound.   I did go over to Mary Ann's house to feed her kitty, Bailey and to visit with him for a while.    I know how much kitties miss their humans when they are gone.   Maryann and Larry will be home sometime tomorrow, so I will visit a bit this evening around supper time and then go again in the morning before I go to Bible Study.   He is a sweet and gorgeous creature and is warming up to me nicely.

I got through the second edit with my eyes of the cook book.   Tomorrow afternoon, I will talk to the manuscript editor with three questions I have and then should be able to send it in by the end of the week.

So today was really busy too.  

We are supposed to have rain tomorrow.  That will be good for the herbs and hanging baskets that I planted today.

I am going to close with a poem I wrote and put in my book called SEEKING.  Courtney mentioned Crayon Boxes on Facebook and since there are Great Grandchildren now, I thought the Moms and Aunts and Uncles might enjoy the poem.

THE CRAYON BOX


The big yellow school bus
Rolling down the street
Is the biggest EVER crayon box.
Filling every seat
With little people every day
Who brightly climb on board,
Sometimes broken,sometimes whole
Sometimes dull and worn.

Up and down the streets
It goes, picking up the toys
Shiny, drab and ordinary,
Noisy girls and boys.
No two are quite alike at all
Like crayons in the carton.
So treasure each and every one
Like roses in the garden.

So Dia Dhuit and kisses to all my grandchildren and great grandchildren.   Hope our sweet little Marcus is all recovered from his ear infection.

Love

Mary 






We 


No comments: