Wednesday, May 08, 2013

So far the day has been so good.   I guess it is silly to say - so far -   Mostly whether the day is good of bad is up to us.

I started this morning slowly which is always nice.   At about 10AM, I drove over to the Custom Trophy place to pick up the two plates for Dick's urn and for the flag case.   They look so nice.  I now feel settled.   I went too early and had to come back.   When I told my neighbors we all got to laughing because I told them Dick was in the front seat of the van.   They agreed that it was nice that he could get out for a bit.   He would have loved that.

Yesterday, he would have been 83 years old.   I did not celebrate, I did not mourn.   I decided just to wish happy birthday in my heart and get on with the day.   Worked just fine.

I worked on the cookbook a good part of the day and I have decided to sort my major projects into the file cabinet that Dick and I got years ago.  We never did use it very efficiently but I know I can make it work.

Well, the rest of the day has passed, I just got home from a Poetry Circle at Mead Library.   We heard a lot of really good poetry tonight.    A couple of our attendees with a reporter from the area are going to use some art space at EBCO to show off printed poetry with four separated times when poets will be there and with a reading and nibbly things the opening night.    I will submit 3 or so of my poems and see what happens.

There has been an increase in the family in the last month.   Leslie, my daughter, was contacted by a group who contact birth mothers, upon request, and will ask if they would like to meet their birth children.    Well, Leslie had wondered all these years, 35 of them, how things had gone for the daughter she allowed to be adopted.   So, she said that she indeed would be delighted to be connected with her.    And they have spoken on the phone several times.     Her name is Courtney  and she is happily married to a wonderful guy.   They have an almost 3 year old boy named Cooper and  Courtney is going to give birth to twins in July.    Leslie is going out to help after the twins come.   Kind of exciting.   I have another granddaughter and great grandson, just like that and will have two more great grandkids in two months.   WOW

Pretty Cool!

Dia Dhuit

Mary



No comments: