Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I took a walk this evening again.    I probably wouldn't have but Richard and Brenda called to check in.   We caught up a bit and then they said they were going out to walk because it was so sunny and nice out there.    They made me jealous so I went for a walk too.

Little League baseball is beginning so I watched a team practicing for a while.    It brought back such sweet memories of the years that Bret and Bart played Little League ball in Huntington Beach.   Several years,   I always volunteered to keep score.

I was home all morning and really got a lot done.   It is such fun to be crossing things off of my lists.  Then, after lunch, I went to the Kettle Country Quilter's meeting.  I helped a couple of people who decided to try the Cathedral Window Pattern get the pattern down.   We have an eventful year ahead.   Next month we are having a pot luck.    We want to make pincushions for the members of the Elkhart Lake club when we host them for a joint meeting in September.     I made the mistake of saying that I thought I was reading the pattern differently than everybody else and didn't think we needed felt, so I have to make one to see.    One step at a time, you know.

Tomorrow, I can pick up the flag, with its nameplate, that we received at Dick's funeral.   I am also bringing the urn to have a plate put on it.    Then I think it is finished.   

A spring haiku for you.

Up

Raptor flying high
Up over the fairy field
Spirit and beauty.

by me

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: