Thursday, May 09, 2013

Dentist appointment at 8AM this morning so there was no sleeping in.   Roxie started nagging me at about 5:30AM but as I told her, I will not be leaving that bed before 6:00AM.  She ate all her morning food, so she was seriously hungry this morning.

All was well at the dentist and I now officially have the cleanest teeth in the family unless someone sneaked a cleaning in later in the day.

After the appointment, I went to the Exchange Bank for coffee and a scone.   About a month ago, I had stopped for coffee and one morning and bought some Alterra whole bean decaf.   When I got home, I couldn't find it anywhere,  I assumed that I had somehow knocked it off the seat when I opened the door somewhere.  SO I decided to try again.    When I went in and started looking at the coffee to choose my kind of decaf, the server asked if I had purchased a package about a month ago and forgotten it.    I couldn't believe it.    They remembered and saved it for me.    The owner even exchanged the package every week so it wouldn't get stale.    Do you believe that!   Now you know why I am so comfortable there.  

I was able to keep busy all afternoon with things around the house.   I left for Mother's house at about 5PM to meet Jeff and Kathy to go with them to a friend, Lynn Carpenter's funeral.    I am so glad I went.  The Carpenters are good friends of the Deeley's.    Lynn was bartender at his dad, Dale Carpenter's bar, called Dale's for years and years.   They always had corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day and every year, Lynn would bring two plates to Mom and Dad.    What a guy.    A good addition to heaven.    Missed by his family.

So it was a very eventful day and I am glad it is over.     Tomorrow, I will be home all day except for going out to Rhine to finish my targets for pistol league.    One of my neighbors, Bonnie, is coming with me.    That'll be fun.

So.  Rest well.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: