Sunday, January 06, 2013

A rather unexpectedly busy Saturday made me forget to post yesterday.

It started out quietly enough, then Jeff called at about noon.   Mother was complaining of discomfort in her abdomen and was convinced that her kidneys were acting up.    I went to Falls and got on the line with a nurse to see if she thought it was wise to bring her to Urgent Care.  She thought perhaps we should.   However,  Mother wanted to see HER doctor and she wanted HER doctor to check JUST her kidneys and her bladder.  

She agreed finally to go to Urgent Care and Randy came over to help me take her.   We went to Plymouth and I knew the nurse and the doctor which seemed to make Mom feel better about the whole thing.  They listened to her and just checked here kidney and bladder function and except for a bit of urine concentration she is just fine.     This seemed to really relax her.  Randy and I got her home before 5PM.    I saw that she had fresh water and gave her her pills.    Than we left her to rest as she was just having soup for her supper and it was in a cup ready for the microwave when she was.  
I am sure glad that we could comfort her.

Today was OK.   I went to Mass this morning at 9:30AM and have spent the day taking down ornaments and napping.   Yesterday left me very tired.   I even had trouble keeping my eyes open in church.

This evening, my neighbor invited me over with some other of the ladies in the neighborhood for cheese and wine.  That was delightful.   We had such a nice visit.  We will have to to that again,   Some of us are alone and some still have their spouses but we had so much to talk about.

I feel that this week will be the first real normal week since Dick went to heaven and I better start out good.    It is not a really busy week but I will have plenty to do both at home and out in the world.    Things are coming together and by mid February, I think everything will be all settled.

You all have a good week too.   Bless you for all your love.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: