Friday, October 26, 2012

It was chilly today.   We looked at the weather around the nation and Lawton was just about the same temperature as it was here today. So the midsection is in the same chilly stream.   We are surely better off than on the east coast where they are bracing for Hurricane Sandy.    I hope they are wrong, but it seems to be coming into its own as the "Perfect Storm."  That was quite the movie.   Did you see it?

Speaking of movies, I watched The Way with Martin Sheen that was directed by his son Emilio Esteves.    It is a story of a man who walked the Way of St. James in Galatia.   I wanted to watch it for the flavor as I am writing a book about the Patron Saints of the Celtic Nations and St. James the Greater is the patron saint of Galatia.   I want to watch it one more time as it will give me the flavor a that part of Galatia and help with the writing.   I wish I could tour all of the 7 Celtic Nations.   I have it on my bucket list/

Jody cleaned this morning.   I baked a box of the Tastefully Simple Beer Wheat bread this morning.   It really does taste good.   I sent some home with her and have enough to share with Mom on Monday and for Dick and Bobbie and I to have with our lunch on Monday.

We had stew for dinner with a nice green salad and some of the pineapple orange salad.

I took a great nap this afternoon.  Best in a long time.  Then I worked as much as I could on Ancestry.   I need days and days to do the things that I want to do.  Unfortunately, I need to be able to spend periods of time without interruption and that just doesn't happen much around here.  I must do better myself about setting a time and sticking to it.   It is hard and sometimes impossible to say No or Later to Dick if he needs something.

Tonight I drove out to Rhine at 6:30PM to shoot Pistol League.   I did not do too badly.   Considering all the discomfort I have in my ribs and shoulder, I think I am doing quiet well.  If I do really super on my last two targets next week, I just MIGHT be able to take my class.

I had a great visit with Nancy and Jerry Coenen.  They are good friends.   Jerry is going to clean my gun for me when league is over.  I love these little breaks.    Sunday the Samhain dinner will be a nice break.   I will be visiting with several of my Celtic women and their spouses or friends and I invited my friend Bob Fleming to join us too.  

Tomorrow I need to gather the things I have to bring along.    I am making a super batch of colcannon for my contribution to the pot luck.   If you want to come, just let me know and I will give you the address.   You don't have to bring anything but yourself..  I will have extra plates and PLENTY of colcannon to feed everybody.  I will bring some wine and tea also.   

Dia Dhuit

Mary

From Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

"Do not wait: the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along."





No comments: