Thursday, October 25, 2012

A very odd day in my opinion.    It was very warm this morning.  I stayed in bed until close to 8AM but it was not easy with Roxie seeming to feel that I should get up EVEN after I had fed her.    She was a first class pest.

We had a nice egg scramble and toast for our breakfast.  I started a load of wash and as it went into the spin cycle, It stopped and started growling at me.   So I had to call Mike's Appliance.    He has saved us several times since we moved here to Plymouth.    He was able to come this morning.   There was a broken part.    He replaced it and pulled out the machine so that I could clean under it too.   He is such a great guy and has never failed us.

We had leftover Hamburger Helper and some of a pineapple/orange/coconut/marshmallow salad that I made last night.    It was quite good. and then I took a nap.    Actually, Roxie was ready for a nap too.   No surprise.

I finished the wash and did some much needed cleaning.  Kay arrived at 5PM.   I got myself ready for going to The Department of Aging for a workshop on Communicating with Health Care Providers.  Marsha Vollbrecht gave the talk.    I know I have run into her somewhere in this journey that Dick and I have been on the past 5 years.   I got some good hints anyway.

Then, on the way home, I stopped in at Mom's just to say Hi and see how she was doing.  She looks great and is so glad to be home..  Mary, her caregiver, was there helping her get ready for bed.   I knew that would be, so I just planned on staying for a few minutes as she likes her routines.  

Home again, Kay had Dick ready for me to cath and then she finished getting him ready to sleep for me.  I am so grateful as my ribs and neck are quite sore, probably a result of the rain and cold spell that swept in this afternoon, and this was one time that I did not have to do the physical maneuvering of the stand lift. Thank you, Kay.

So it is time to settle in for the night.   Tomorrow will be busy as I am not spending enough time doing some of the creative things that I have in the works.

DiaDhuit

Mary


Men in Heaven
When everybody on earth was dead and waiting to enter Heaven, God appeared and said, "I want the men to make two lines. One line for the men who were true heads of their household, and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women. I want all the women to report to St. Peter."

Soon, the women were gone, and there were two lines of men.

The line of the men who were dominated by their wives was 100 miles long, and in the line of men who truly were heads of their household, there was only one man.

God said to the long line, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves; I created you to be the head of your household! You have been disobedient and have not fulfilled your purpose! Of all of you, only one obeyed. Learn from him."

God turned to the one man, "How did you manage to be the only one in this line?"

No comments: