Friday, September 07, 2012

This was a nice day.   I did have to get up at 6AM.   I was still tired, but at least had had a fairly good night.  The beginning of the night was a bit rough as Dick had trouble getting to sleep.   His right leg and foot hurt.   Then he just has to kind of wait because there is nothing that actually makes it go away.

Kay got her this morning to take care of Dick for me.   I originally had a PT appointment but when Jaren said that he couldn't help me, I just kept the time slotted with Embrace and decided to spend two hours just on me.   I emailed several friends and told them that I was going to be at the Exchange Bank from 8 to 9AM if anyone wanted to get together for just a coffee clutch.   Three came.  Two Joans and a Janet.    We had a great hour just visiting and having a coffee and or breakfast.  I had a scone and I actually drank a whole cup of caffeinated coffee.   Kept me going all morning.

We had hamburger patties, French fries and creamed peas for lunch.   Then since a pound makes four patties, we ate hamburgers on buns for supper.   An each cooking day.

I cooked the pie pumpkin that I bought last week so when I am ready to make a pumpkin pie, I will be ready.

Tonight at 6:30 Kay came again for the usual Friday Night care.   Nancy and Warren picked me up  and we drove to Rhine for the first day of  pistol league.  None of us have shot all summer.   I felt pretty good about it.   I missed the target once on 2 of three but the pattern was not too bad and I can improve.

Saw a lot of friends.   This will be a nice weekly break.

The weekend is very quiet.   Tomorrow I will go to Mass but the rest of the two days is at home.  Though I may go to Mother's on Sunday evening as Monday I can't.   Bobbie and Bill are on vacation and I won't have anyone to stay with Dick.

Until tomorrow

Mary

Dia Dhuit



No comments: