Monday, September 17, 2012

Finally, after three weeks,  A normal Monday.

The night was very broken up so after I fed Roxie, I went back to bed until 7AM.  I was still able to get everything done for me and Dick before Bobbie came at 9AM.   She did have to fix her Dad's breakfast, we did not get quite that far.

It was good to be back at Bible Study.   We had a pretty full table.   Nine of us.  They said that they had missed me.  The 85th Psalm, a psalm of lament, is not nearly as dreary as the others we have been discussing.   As a matter of fact, it is almost hopeful.

Next on to Mother's house.   She was quite well today.  I think the visits from George and Betsy were very good for her.    They came every day but for short visits.   This is good as she doesn't get so worn out that way.   We had a nice Monday visit.  We got all the bills paid and I put out her pills too.


Dick, Bobbie and I had spaghetti and apple cake for out lunch.   Bobbie had warmed the sauce so we just had to wait for the pasta to cook and I made a salad.   Sure was good to have Bobbie here.   Roxie was VERY excited when she came in.   They had a nice vacation up north as usual.    She said that it was nice at this time of year, just like Dick and I always did.  Everything is still open but the crowds are down because kids are back in school.

Tonight is the CWI Board Telephone Conference call.   As it starts at 7PM and I will be helping Dick get ready for bed as soon as it is over, I decided to do the blog now.

Happy IVGLDSW Day!   Today is International Very Good Looking, Damn Smart Woman's Day, so please send this message to someone you think fits this description. Please do not send it back to me as I have already received it from a Very Good Looking, Damn Smart Woman! And remember this motto to live by: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming 'WOOO HOOOOO what a ride!'  

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: