Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It was a rather warm day.   I stayed in most of the day anyway, so it didn't bother me much.
 I spent the day working on the CAIM concert preparations and filling our forms for Dick, Mother and myself.

I told you about CAIM, I think.    I have seen this duo twice.   Once at Mead Library and once at the Kewaskum High School.    They are two ladies  Heather from Scotland and Jacynth from N. Ireland who sing Scottish and Irish Folk songs and Celtic Prayers set to music. I had told them that if they had another Wisconsin tour to let me know and I would see if I could arrange a place for them.     It took a while, but, yippee, the Plymouth Art Center will host it.    I had a heck of a time pinning Donna down because they are  SO busy, but at the end, the only Saturday they had open was the one day of their trip that they could come here.   They have a concert in Green Bay on both Friday and Sunday and will stay here on Saturday.   I know that Dick will like them.     Look on  http://www.cluniemusic.com/  to find out more about them.

When Kay got here, I zipped out for grocery shopping and to pick up supplies at Walgreens.

Now the day is done, Dick is in bed and I intend to follow as soon as I finish sipping my tea.

Take care.   Those of you being affected by the storm - stay dry and safe.

Dia Dhuit

Mary









"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: