Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday.    Kim came at 7:30AM to take care of Dick so I was able to leave for Yoga at Yoga on the Lake at Kohler..  I stopped at the Market to pick up some coffee and tea that I can't find anywhere else and then met Felicia at the Craverie for coffee and a  breakfast treat.   This time I tried a chocolate croissant.   Really good, but I must say that the croissants that the sales rep at All Valley Acceptance brought for us for treats were much superior.  He would pick them up at a bakery on the way in.  They were chocolate, apricot and anything else you can imagine and as delicate as a feather.

Yoga went well.  I found that my ribs and my knees and my right arm are sore so I took the instructors advice and when there was pain, I leaned back and breathed.

I was home at 10:30 and spent the day cleaning the desk.   Rob from Preferred Computing brought my computer back home at about 11:00AM.   It was crashing again so I called him as he had installed the hard drive.   He believes it was a quirk (probably in Open Office which was updating at that time.  He had noticed other problems with it.)   It is just fine now and I think I know what to do if it needs to be updated again.

Then we ate and napped.   I have my desk almost cleared off.   What a joy.   I even have room for Roxie,

Mike from Accessability came this afternoon and did some changes to Dick's motorized chair.    He put wheel chair foot rests on which should help his right leg from falling off if the single footrest that is installed on the machine.  He made sure that the stump rests are positioned correctly to hold his legs when we take off the prostheses.   We will work with this for a while.   I have great hopes for the changes.

We had the knock off Olive Garden Tuscan soup for our supper with fresh country bread.  Am I ever glad that I have the oven downstairs to bake things in.   Fresh Bread with soup is such a pleasure.

We had the best rain this afternoon.   It actually got so dark that one would have thought it was evening.  And it POURED.   I hope this has been a blessing for the farmers.   My friend Rosemary says that they are really struggling to get their crops grown and harvested this year.  

So that is the day.

Blessings to you all.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: