Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Last night was a really difficult one.   I got awakened at least four times during the night.   Dick was restless and then needed assistance at 5AM, then Roxie had to be fed at 6AM.  Then I had to get up to put out the trash.   So I have been behind the game all day.

I finally labeled the last batches of wine that I will ever make.   Heavy Sigh!   Bobbie and I bottled them while Leslie, Bill and the girls were here so they could get an idea of the wind making process.   I had 6 bottles of Marigold,  7 bottles of Marigold Currant and one that took all the overflow from the two batches.    I named that one "The Dregs".   Should be interesting.  

I also got the connection between Wells and Quicken repaired.   It is such a pain when that happens.   It was almost an hour then I had to spend another hour checking to be sure that everything was OK.     I also finished putting things back in the linen closet downstairs.

I make an appointment with Marty, the prosthesist for next week to hopefully get a  prosthesis on his right leg like the left leg.  That will be our second trip in the new van together.  The appointment is at 1:30PM which is usually between "things."

Mike from the wheelchair place will be here Thursday to hopefully put a wider base on his footrest.    His right root keeps falling off and dangling.   This is not good.

When Kim got her at 6:30 this evening, I set out for the Pig to do the grocery shopping.   It was good to be away for that hour as the day was rather intense.  I even went over to the Park and Shop.   Dick and I have set on a mission to try all Bush's Grillin' Beans.   There are seven of them and the Pig only stocks 5.   I DID find the other two at Park and Shop.   We have tried three of them already and like them all.   So perhaps we will NOT get a favorite.    Only time will tell.   You can see it does not take much to amuse us.

So good night sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: