Monday, July 23, 2012

The temperature went over 100 degrees again today.   We were hotter than it was in Lawton and Oklahoma City.   Go figure.

When I got dressed this morning, Roxie crawled onto the shelf in the cabinet in the bedroom on top of my t shirts.    I did not have the heart to shoo her out of there and she stayed until about the time I got home at close to noon.   Good thing I noticed her go in or she probably would have had the doors shut on her.  

I remember one day when Bart and I lived in our little house in Sheboygan Falls that the following happened.   I was rushing out of the house to go to work and a drawer that I kept linens in was open, so I pushed it shut on the way out the door.   I came home shortly after 5:30AM, let Zero out and started getting things ready for dinner when I realized that I had not seen Waylon anywhere.   I started searching and finally heard a quiet little "mew" coming from that drawer.   I opened it and Waylon shot out of there like a rocket.    He thanked me for releasing him with a big hug and high-tailed it to the litter box.   Poor Kitty was shut up in there all day.

I left at 9AM this morning for bible study after Bobbie got here.    We have been meeting in a room that has a window air conditioner.   That rectory building does not have central air.    The study went well.  There were six of us and we had to do a lot of praying for those that were not there.  They had emailed me with their requests. 

Mother is doing fine in her little air conditioned Grandma House.   She and I got her bills paid and I put her pills out for the week and we had a nice visit.  I read her letter from Nora.   Nora and Leif will be here for a visit.   Sure hope I get to see them.    Time is always so precious when one is visiting.   Perhaps I can have them here for a lunch or breakfast.

Bobbie put the enchilada stack that I had assembled yesterday into the oven at 11AM so that we could eat shortly after I got home.  It was really good.  I have not made one for a long time.  A welcome change.   Sure glad that I have my "summer kitchen" downstairs.

Dick is all settled in bed now and I believe that I will be joining him so until tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: