Sunday, May 13, 2012

This was a day that we were able to spend at home without any interruptions until Kay will come at 6:PM.   How many times have I said this.   Today has come true.

We slept late.  That was really nice.   Then we decided to have a late brunch at about 11AM and follow it up with dessert at about 4PM followed by dinner whenever.   I loved it.

I got an ecard from Leslie today followed by calls from Bret and Bert.    Bobbie informed me that she forgot to mail her  card and will bring it tomorrow.  I feel so blessed.   My kids love me.  What more can I ask for in this life.  Bobbie and I are amused that everybody we meet seems to think that we are related.  We are so pleased.    Bobbie had a mother who raised her just perfect.  I get to partake of the benefits.  I hope Barbara, in the afterlife knows how much I appreciate her presenting me with these wonderful children.    Stepchildren is not a good description.   I hope that Barbara and I can share them.

I called Mom this afternoon to see how she is.  I will be bringing her Mother's Day card and a bottle of Madeira for her present tomorrow.  She had lots of visitors and is pleasantly exhausted.  This is the way it is supposed to be.

I can't tell you how much it means to hear from my children on Mothers Day.  There is a commercial out this year that expresses the feelings of EVERY mother.  "Tell me that I did OK."   Just tell me.   Mothers are the most frightened of all people.   We deal with what is happening now and only pray that our decisions are the right ones.  Only love keeps us afloat.

Bless us all.   I certainly pray for all of my  readers and hope they pray for me.


Dha Dhuit

Mary





 

No comments: