Saturday, May 19, 2012

A hot and humid day.    But I did not have to be out in it anyway.    So we stayed pretty cool and comfortable in our own little home.

I did not sleep all that well last night and then Roxie started fussing at 4:30AM or so.   After I fed her I went back to bed, but Dick woke up at 6PM or so and if he gets up, I have to also.  So there you are.   I took two naps today but am still worn out.

I went the 4PM Mass.   Fr. Van Beek is counting down.   I believe that his last Sunday with us will be June 10th, Only two more weekends.   We will miss him.   The new priest sounds like quite an interesting man.   He has a lot online which gives us a preview of his ideas.

We had stew from the freezer for our lunch.    There was a time when I could not make a good stew for anything.    When Dick and I were first married, he just couldn't believe that because I am a good cook and everything else I made tasted good.    So one shopping day we bought wonderful stew meat and fresh veggies and I made a stew.     As usual, I followed all the directions in the cookbooks.   It looked great, it even smelled pretty good, but to Dick's dismay, it had no taste at all.   I know, I know.   I can't explain it either.

However, in the past several years, I have experimented with a several stew recipes and have found two that do taste good.   So I have a happy guy.

By the way,    Dick said to say HI! to EVERYBODY from him.

I am going to bed soon but want to put a cute prayer that I found in the bulletin today for you to enjoy too.

Now I get me up to work, I pray the Lord I may not shirk, And if I die before tonight, I pray my work will be all right.  Thomas Osborne Davis.

So enjoy your Sunday.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: