Monday, May 07, 2012

A lovely day, despite the gray clouds and the intermitent sprinkles. It was not warm but not really cold either so I found it quite pleasant.

 Started off on a run to get Dick and myself up, cleaned up, fed and all the medical stuff before it was time to leave for Bible Study and the visit with Mom.

 This is Dick's real birthday. Leslie and Bill's musical card arrived today to brighten up the day.

 Bobbie arrived at 9AM and I zipped off to the post office to mail a little package to Barbara and to pick up stamps. I was still in plenty of time for the Bible Study. We had a group of 8 today. And a great discussion of a Psalm of Lament, Psalm 22 that starts "My God My God, Why have you forsaken me?" We actually have spent the past three weeks on this one as there is a lot of this in all of us. But reading through the rest of it brings a sense of the fact that He has not, after all, abandoned us at all.

 Mom and I had a nice visit and we got all her bills caught up and the end of April's documents stored away. She was looking very pretty today. We do so enjoy that time together.

 I got home at about 11:45AM, Ashley the RN, was close behind me and took the INR for Dick's cumadin level. It was 1.9, a bit low so Deb from the anticoagulation clinic has adjusted the dose again. Which means that we will have the VNA for at least this next week. He is healed from the procedure, so they are able to justify another week of medical need because of this instability. We ate more of the Egg Strata with fruit and breads for our lunch with Bobbie and I sent a piece home for Bill.

Then the rest of the day to ourselves. I took a nice nap, interrupted once because Dick needed help. I cleared up and put away the things from the Conference. Tomorrow we will be home all day. Nancy will come to bathe Dick and Coleen will be here to help get Dick to bed. So I intend to relax and finish getting paperwork and phone calls done AND go down into the den and cut out a quilt pattern.

 Take care and be good.
 Dia Dhuit

 Mary


 Goodness surrounds us.
 A shared conversation with a stranger
 Makes a friend along the way
Don't be afraid to open your heart
 Caring comes in all forms
 A Hi, A Hug, A Kiss, A cup of Capuchino.

No comments: