Thursday, May 10, 2012

I was home all day.

It was a beautiful day.  Dick and I took a nice walk this afternoon.   The sun was shining and it was gorgeous in Tallgrass.  

I racked the last two batches of wine that I will ever do today.   Now they just need to be filtered and bottled.   I spent some time down in the wine room washing and sorting the wine equipment so that Bobbie can take what she wants and we can dispose of the rest.   It was a lot of fun producing the MaryER wines, but it is not as much fun for me without Dick helping me and coming up with names for the wines and ideas.   I am so glad that Bobbie wants to make wines and will get good use out of the equipment and bottles we accumulated.

I also was able to take the herb planters out onto the deck this afternoon.   Now I will soak them good and get them ready for their new herbs.  It is still plenty early as they say "Don't plant before Memorial Day.

Greta was here with Dick this morning to get him up and take care of things here.   I went over to Mc Donalds to get up a breakfast.    We used to do that and go to lots of other restaurants when we did our grocery shopping together.   I miss our breakfasts.   We used to call them our "dates". 

So it was a beautiful day.  One to tuck into the memory.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: