Wednesday, May 09, 2012

I liked today.    I would have liked to sleep later, but got up at 6AM so that I could be all ready to get moving when the aides from Embrace got here at 7AM.

Dick woke up at about 6:30am which through things off a bit but not too much, so that I was all ready to go shopping at 8AM after having had a couple of cups of coffee and some toast.

Dick was well taken care of.   When I got home, he was up, dressed, had had all of his meds and a good breakfast.

I went grocery shopping first.   Ran into a friend from Rhine Plymouth who was also shopping.  I saw him a couple of weeks ago and begged him not to hug me because my back was so sore from the procedure.   Today I told him I could have a hug.   Bill is a nice guy and very supportive.   He introduced me to his doggy, Cloe today.   She is a doll.   I asked what breed she was and he said "Black.''   They really don't know, perhaps black lab and poodle.   Who knows.  

Reminds me of the dog that my folks had after I had moved to California.    They got Lucky from a friend whose medium sized terrier mix had given birth.    What a surprise.    He reminded me of a cartoon the kids watched when they were young called Dinky Dog.   Lucky grew and grew.  It became obvious that his father was a Great Bernard.    He was perhaps the sweetest dog ever made.  My younger brothers used him for a cushion when they watched TV in the evenings.    One time my brother, Matt, sent for a 6 foot tall poster of Frankenstein.  He hung it up in the kitchen, much to Mother's displeasure.  Then, when Lucky came inside for the evening, he took one look at that ugly caricature and slunk back down into the hallway on his belly.    Needless to say, Mother made Matt move the poster.

I did a couple of other errands and was home before 10, when Kim, today's caregiver left.  

We have had a nice day.   It was mostly cloudy, but now the sun is shining and the trees in back look radiant.   Tomorrow, I understand is going to be quite warm and sunny.   Perhaps Dick and I can go for another stroll and roll around the neighborhood.  He tried to see if he could go out onto the deck but I don't think he can get through the door from the livingroom, at least with the couch there.  AND we are going to have to figure out what to do with the cedar chest to get him out in the bedroom.   I will have to think about that.   Sitting on the deck at night was always a favorite summer pastime for us at Hunters Glen.

So today is done.    Dick has felt pretty good most of the day, I think.    I love this improvement and hope it continues.  Now, if my back will stop hurting.

Dia Dhuit

Mary







No comments: