Sunday, April 01, 2012

This has turned out to be a really good day.

I would have liked to have stayed in bed a bit longer, but Dick had to get up. It was not an unreasonable time, so I am not at all complaining.

We had scrambled eggs, sausage and toast for our breakfast. I spent ALL day washing clothes and still have one load to do. It is not an essential load to it will wait until tomorrow.

We got a call from Richard and Brenda this morning at about 9:30AM. They were in Milwaukee and wanted to know if we would like them to take the "long way home" and stop by for lunch. They even stopped at Dee OMalley's for pizza on their way here. I was so glad that I had baked that blueberry pie. Pizza and blueberry pie make a great Sunday dinner.

They had been in Milwaukee to see the museum sites (Cleopatra for example) and a show or two to celebrate Brenda's birthday. Sounds like a super weekend. They even saw Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor.

Dick had just had a computer problem this morning. Richard fixed it for him. So we were blessed in many ways. Our kids are mighty good to us. Isn't it wonderful?

Nora, my sister, called today to see how things are going. I was glad to be able to say that there is light. It is still very dim, but it is there. I am glad that Dick was pretty alert and with it while Richard and Brenda were here. Especially because he wanted to talk to them about a couple of things.

After they left, he did become more restless but the main thing is the fact that I am getting up to help him as often as twice every hour from about 4 til he goes to bed. One of my friends says that I am losing weight. Perhaps. But I am eating well. It is just being worn off.

Tomorrow, Bobbie is coming to spend the morning with her Dad so that I can to to bible study and spend some time with Mother. My usual Monday morning. The second of the people from Embrace will be here tomorrow night at 6:30PM to be able to determine what has to be done for Dick to get him all ready for bed.

So a new week, a new adventure.

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

A poem written by my Father, Hutz Deeley

CAN YOU

Can you face the world with a smile?
Can you travel the hardest of roads?
Can you brave the most difficult trail?
Can you carry the hardest of loads?

Can you smile when it's time to smile?
Can you cry when it's time to cry?
Can you enjoy something worthwhile"?
Can you fail and say "again I will try'?

Can you laugh at the snow and the rain?
Can you always say "I can"?
Can you love some tender refrain?
Can you? If you can you're a man.

No comments: