Wednesday, April 04, 2012

It was quite a distressful day for our Roxie. She had an appointment with her doctor.

Heidi from Embrace came at 7AM to go through Dick's morning routine. At least two, maybe three days a week they will come from 7 to 10 to get him up and allow me to do errands or take care of other things as they come up.

Roxie's appointment was at 8:15AM so that worked quite well. Roxie is in pretty good shape for a 14 year old cat. She is a bit overweight and we know she has arthritis, but she is basically very healthy and got a pretty good bill of health- and her shots. She also had to sit quietly in her case as two dogs observed her. I am sure that was quite insulting but she bore it with grace.

So she is set for another year.

I was also able to go grocery shopping while Heidi was taking care of Dick. Such a relieve to be able to run an errand and not have to worry about him.

The rest of the day was just us. He took a nice nap this afternoon. I took a short one and then was able to pay bills and clear my desk before he woke up.

Bobbie came by today with the big desk mat for the bedroom. Now I can move Dick from the bed to the chair and back. It is still a bit of a struggle but once I get it started it is the best idea that has come up so far.

We had a rotisserie chicken that I got from the Pic for lunch and then had soup for supper. We have a pretty good restaurant going on here.

Again. I plan on going to bed early and reading for a while. Dick will come when he is ready and just get me up.

Tomorrow I see Dr. Cheryl for my yearly eye exam. The Embrace people will be here while I do that.

Have a lovely evening.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: