Saturday, April 14, 2012

It was a beautiful day today.   The temperatures were up into the 80s.  A gentle breeze and everything is getting green.   We really do need the promised rain as everything is getting rather thirsty out there.

I slept until 8AM.   I would have slept longer but my back started to hurt and it was better to get up and move around.   Dick slept until 10.   I just let him go as he needs all the rest he can get before Monday.   I will have to wake him up at 5AM to be sure he is ready when Tim from Custom Care and Transport comes to pick us up at 6:30AM.   Dick has to be at the hospital at 7AM top check in and the procedure is scheduled for 8:30AM.  I don't know how long they will keep him, but it is an outpatient procedure so we will be home by evening unless there is a problem.

While he was sleeping, I made some Ricotta Cheese out of some milk that had managed to sour on me.   So, I will prepare Cavatini on Wednesday.   (I need a couple of ingredients and will get them while grocery shopping.)   So if you want to come to dinner on Wednesday.   We eat at about 6PM and there will be plenty.  It is nice to fix something like that with the fresh Ricotta.

I also baked scones and prepared a Chicken Waldorf for our lunch today.    So I was busy.   My neighbor Don, helped me replace the screen in the front door so we were able to take advantage of the beautiful day.   I gave him some fresh scones for his help.  It is so lovely to have such wonderful neighbors and I want them to know how much I appreciate them.  It is really nice having Don and Jan back from Arizona for the summer.

I did lie down for a rest at about 2.   When I got up, I dressed for church.  Kay from Embrace Care came at 3:30PM to be with Dick.    While was gone, she took care of all the wash,  emptied the dishwasher and did some prep for dinner.    I love this and the most important thing is the fact that I do not have to worry about Dick while I am gone.  

We had Tbone steak, potatoes, corn with peppers and onion and salad for our supper.

Dick seems to be feeling a bit better.  I think the new medication is providing some help.

Pray for the family down in Oklahoma and Texas.   Bad weather again.   Bart called and they are safe.  Barbara needs prayers because she is not feeling well but the worst of the weather has bypassed them.  Still more coming I understand so we must pray for safety.

Mass was lovely.  I saw several friends and was able to pray and get myself centered for the coming week.   Especially important with Dick's surgery ahead of us.

So tomorrow will be another quiet day.   We have Kay from Embrace coming at 6:30PM to put Dick to bed, so I will be able to drive to Sheboygan Falls to visit with Mother.   Since I won't be able to go on Monday, this will be good.

Tomorrow, I intend to spend at least two hours on my sewing.   I only have two weeks to get the wall hanging done.  Not impossible, but it will need some persistance.

So.  Sleep tight.  I will remember you in my dreams.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: