Sunday, April 08, 2012

I hope your Easter was as blessed as mine was.

I got up at 6AM, took my shower and prepared myself so that I would be able to just leave when the aide came to stay with Dick while I went to Mass.    I woke Dick up at 7:00AM as I felt that I needed to get Dick up and basically dressed as a new person was coming to stay with him and they would not have known how to put on his prostheses.   Greta got here at a bit after 7:30AM so I was able to arrive at church on time.   I was a bit anxious because often Holy Day Masses are just packed and you have to get there early to get parking.  I guess this was too early for most.    Glad I didn't go to one of the two later masses.

I arrived home to a husband that was fed and content, a clean kitchen cabinet with dishes washing in the dishwasher and the wash done.    Greta was studying.   Good girl.   She would have stayed if I had something for her to do,  but on Easter, I sent her home a few minutes early.

Bobbie and Bill arrived a little after 10AM.    Bobbie prepared Topsy Turvy Pie, a meal from her childhood, for our Easter Dinner.   It is delicious - Hamburger prepared specially with a biscuit topping that is finished in the oven.  We had corn and salad and the Banana Cream Pie that I had prepared for the rest of the meal.   A lovely visit with Bobbie and Bill.   I feel very relaxed. 

I talked to Bart and Barb, Bret and Leslie and Bill today too.  Voices mean so much to me- Almost as much as hugs.   Leslie sent a UTube of little Marcus reacting to his Mom.   He is SO cute.

Tomorrow starts another week.   Perhaps a good week to really establish the help that I will be hiring from Embrace Care Management to help with Dick.  Easter week was a very odd, jumpy week to begin.

So. Keep yourselves safe and pray for us as I pray for you each day.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

This has been one of my favorite prayers - forever.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.
— Prayer of Saint Francis

No comments: