Sunday, March 18, 2012

It was a very uneventful day.   Thank God!  We got up at about 7AM and just moved apace.

As we had NO appointments and N0 body coming over the day just kind of moved.    I had a terrible night last night.   Just could not get to sleep.   I  tried naps twice today but Dick needed me before if was able to really get into either one.   I am hoping to go to bed and just zone out for 10 hours.

I prepared my homemade corned beef for our lunch and it was delicious.    We can enjoy sandwiches and hash and another whole dinner this week with that.   I need to take some to Mother too.

In the middle of the day, the Internet and the phone service stopped working.  I called Time Warner, and thank heavens, they sent somebody out right away.   He found a unconnected wire.   Someday I will tell you about it.   So we are all fixed up an off and running.

We were laughing at how dependent we are on the computers.   Even, maybe even more so, us retired people.   I am LOST without it.   I have my calendar and my finances and everything on it.

I got to talk to Nora today.   If Dick feels OK, I will go to Bible Study and mother's house and get to see her a bit tomorrow.   She is only here until Tuesday and the Irish Party was supposed to be the big get together.  I am just so grateful that Dick was not hurt.    I believe this gives me ammunition to push for a medic alert system.

We have been enjoying dessert today.   I made an Irish Cream cake that is really good.   It also has chocolate pudding and chocolate chips in the mix.   How can you go wrong.

So.  a quiet Sunday.   Pray for a quiet week.   Tomorrow is my Bart's birthday.   He is 41 years old.   I remember with such joy, his birth.   He was the only of my boys that I got to actually see come into this world.    It was a beautiful sight.    That was one of the happiest delivery rooms in the world.   The nurses were even excited.  An now I have a new great grandson,  little Marcus, who has nice round cheeks like his Uncle Bart did when he was born.

So blessings on the week

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: