Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day dawned kind of cloudy, but warm and perfect for the Festivities in Plymouth.  

I got up at 7AM and managed to get lots done before I woke Dick up at 8AM so that I could have him all settled and fed before I left for the CWI meeting at The Exchange Bank.    There were only 6 of us there, but several others joined us at the corner of Highland and Eastern for the Big Walk.  Several of us decided to walk up.   It took a bit longer than we had anticipated so  four of us who started together just joined the parade where we met it.

It was a wonderful walk.   Saw lots and lots of friends.   We got to the Stafford in good time and went in to have our shot of whiskey.   Then we, Celtic Women split up.   Some stayed at the Stafford and several of us went to eat at Antoinettes where it was quieter.    I ordered a Reuben sandwich with sweet potato fries.   I was able to bring half home for Dick.

I got home at a bit after 1PM.    Then I took a nap so that I could be ready for tonight.   However, the best laid plans. 

I went to the 4PM Mass and when I got home, I found Dick had fallen.  He was sitting on his bent over prosthesis again.   No other choice but to call 911.   Those guys are really getting to know us well.   They are so very kind.   Fortunately, he did not hurt himself.  He must have a special, very tired and hard working guardian angel.   Thank God.

So, needless to say.  I stayed home instead of going to the party at Eileen's home.   I went downstairs  and found the Quiet Man movie.  I have helped Dick into bed and am watching the movie over a glass of Irish Creme with a cup of decaf, one of my favorite combinations.

Pray for us.   We have so many needs.   Of course, He knows that.

All my love and Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: