Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quite a day.    It was gorgeous outside.   No wind.  Sunshine and the temps were in the mid to high 60s and I got to be out of it for part of the afternoon.

Now, I know that Spring is here.   And here are the three reasons why.

1.  I saw several robins cavorting at the corner.

2.  Two days ago, I saw a red-winged blackbird.

3.  This morning when I walked out to take the trash to the corner, there were worms all over the blacktop.

What more proof do we need?   If you really need more proof, the crocus are also starting to show color.

Ashley, one of the RNs, came to test Dick's INR.   He is still to low to stop the shots.  (Darn.)   But it has come up some.    On Thursday, a nurse will check it again.   Hopefully that will do it.

Dick was very very sleepy today.    Nancy got here at 11:30AM to give him his bath.   Sara, the PT, is also having her do some stretching to keep his hips and muscles from shrinking.  I know shrinking isn't the correct word but it does convey the meaning.

I left as soon as she was done to meet three of my Celtic Women International sisters at Woodlake.    We are not done yet, because we dawdle and are easily distracted, but are visiting the Shops at Woodlake for donations for door prizes at our Spring Gathering on the weekend of April 26-28.    We finished today's work at the Craverie a Chocolatier Cafe.   Doesn't that sound decadent.   It is.   I had a latte and a biscotti, then headed for home.

Dick is still SO exhausted.   It is not quite 7PM and he is already in bed.    I will probably head there myself in the next hour and perhaps read for a while before going to sleep.   I am sure he will be waking up at LEAST once during the night as he has gone to bed so early.    I have some soup ready to just heat for him when he does wake up as he will need something.

A picture of our little Marcus was on Facebook this morning.   He is beautiful and I can see shades of both his mother and father in that cute little face.

The rest of the week is supposed to be about as lovely as today with perhaps some rain on one of them.  But Saturday looks just perfect for the big day and the Irishman's walk.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: