Friday, February 24, 2012

We had snow. The view out the back windows is breathtaking.   We only got about 2 inches overnight and the flurries we got off and on all day did not amount to much more than just being very lovely and fairy tale like.

Jody called at about 7:30AM to ask if she could come tomorrow morning instead of today.   She had JUST gotten home from her security job in Milwaukee and was just trying to breath because the ride was so bad.   I know they got lots more snow, put to 8 inches south of us.   I told her it was fine with us, so we will see her tomorrow.

Yvonne, the RN, came at 8:30AM to draw blood for the anti-coagulation test.  She, of course, checked out all of his vital signs.  He is OK except for that heaviness in the right lower chest, that persists.   Debbie from the anti coagulation clinic called after the delivery.   I knew that it was now 2.9 so everything should be OK.   The VNA will check again early next week.

Things were rather quiet until almost noon.   I went downstairs to work on the quilting projects for a bit and then came up to fix lunch for 11:30AM as Nancy, the health aid came at 12noon.   She was close to done when Heidi, the PT came.    Dick was now tired, so she just had him walk and we checked out his stumps for redness.  Then she asked me to work with him on the therabands for upper arm strength.  

Then I took a nap before going on two errands, one to the bank and the other to Walgreens.  That done and the wash out of the dryer, I headed over to Rhine Plymouth to shoot in the pistol league.    I pretty much shot and left.  I was able to visit while I waited with Terry while I waited for Nancy and Warren to finish.    Then I went down and shot four targets.    They were not AWFUL but were none to spectacular either.   I tried shooting with my left eye as my sight seems better in that eye.   It did not hurt the score and perhaps practice will help the score if I keep it up.   I will finish shooting the league next week and the following week will be the bust up party.

Then I left and swung by St. Johns to pick up fish fry for our dinner.   They have one every week in Lent and we pick it up as often as possible.   It is kind of like sweet corn and tomatoes in late summer.   Enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Tomorrow will be a quieter day.    Jody will be here in the morning and I will be going to Mass at 4PM.   Just a nice way to spend a Saturday.   I will be able to work down stairs on my projects for a bit too.

So I am helping Dick get ready for bed and then will follow him myself, so I will say good night

Dia Dhuit

Mary



Today would have been Steve Jobs birthday.   This is a quote from him

Jobs once said, "Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

No comments: