Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This has been another day from hell.    It started off OK.   I thought I had everything under control, kind of.   I got a message to Nancy, the home health aid that we MIGHT be a out for a bit past 11AM as we made an appointment with Dr. Herman, the urologist, for 10AM at Plymouth.   We also had Deb from the anti coagulation clinic do his blood test.  He was on the verge of high, but not too bad.  That meant that the nurse did not have to come here today.

Dr. Herman has ordered new tests.   There are several things that may be accounting for the recurring UTIs and we need to rule them out.   He will have a CT scan on Thursday.   Darn!   That means that there is no day that I can JUST BE HOME this week.

We did get home in time for the home health aid and Dick got washed up nicely and I am sure feels better.   Then at 1PM, Heidi, the PT who is replacing Sara while she is on her wedding trip to Jamaca, came.  Imagine my delight when we found that we are fellow Blessed Trinity People.  I have known her for years there in Sheboygan Falls.   She is very good and gentle and was good with Dick as he was so exhausted.    I made an appointment with Wisconsin Prosthesis for his first adjustment next Wednesday as we are a bit concerned with the way his knee kind of turns in.  

I took a short nap, then drove over to Walgreens to pick up a prescription and a supplement for Dick.   I am down to 5 things on my list and with the way the day went, feel pretty good about that.

My check list is almost crossed off so I will be saying good night to you all and heading to bed soon. Pray for me, tomorrow looks just as busy.

I love you all

Dia Dhuit

Mary



This is the first half of the article by Charlie Reese.  I will put the other half in tomorrow.


Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it... is up to you.
This might be funny if it weren't so true.
Be sure to read all the way to the end:

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table,
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his work,
Tax his pay,
He works for
peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid...

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
'Taxes drove me
to my doom...'

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply
The inheritance tax.

No comments: