Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Today became much more full than I had intended.    I got up a bit before 7 so that I could get my shower done and a few other things before Dick woke up.  I had to leave by 9:15AM to get to JMKAC to pick up my flag and cds and still get to the Sheboygan Clinic by 10AM for my doctor appointment. 

Things went well, though I had to leave a bit later because Dick was not settled as soon as I had hoped, and then when I got to the Art Center, I had to wait for Mary Calvey to bring down my things.   Then, of course, I had to visit a bit with Mary and found out that one of the young ladies that was killed in that horrific accident near Campbellsport was the daughter of her best friend.   How sad is that event.   To think of all of those young ladies affected so deeply.   Three, who have finished their lives on this earth, and 5 that have to live their lives without therm. 

My appointment with Dr. Leben went quite well.  I still have to see if the medication that she prescribed for me is going to work now that I have gotten it up the the dosage that she says will show results if it is going to.   One cannot just start off with a full dose apparently but must build it up.  She has also ordered a bone scan which may help further diagnose what is going on.

I dropped off Beth Dippel's books at the Research Center on my way home.  She also knew all those girls that were in the accident.   She told me that the road that the accident occurred on was a road with many dips that kids liked to travel a bit fast because of the roller coaster feeling.    It reminded me of a road that we took out to the sand dunes in my previous life.   The boys always called it the Whoop de Doos and begged their Dad to go faster.    There was also a place out at the Back Bay in Newport that the kids would go to ride their bikes that they called the Whoop de doos.    How sad that a fun road and youth could cause such a tragedy.   We must pray for their souls and their families who will miss them so.

I got home at about noon and boiled spaghetti and heated the sauce for a good old spaghetti meal.   I still have some left and will make lasagna one of these days.

Then at 1AM, I went to the Quilt Club.  It was a nice meeting.   I showed the quilt I finished yestereday to them and they liked it.   One of our members is moving and is getting rid of lots of fabric.   She brought some in this month and I took some of it.    It is really pretty, now I need a project for it.

Then I stopped at the Pig so that I could get .69 eggs and .99 asparagus.   They are doing their sales very goofy for me.    But I wanted the asparagus.   I will still do my regular shopping tomorrow morning.

I also picked up three prescriptions at Walgreens.  I believe that all of them are now updated.

Tomorrow was going to have a quiet morning, but now we will have the home health aid to wash Dick, and Ellen who has to check on how Sara is doing.   Then we have an appointment at Wisconsin Prosthesis at 2aPM.  Bobbie will be here for that and she comes for lunch with us those days.   We will be having fresh asparagus and steak for our lunch.  Want to join us?

We split a Marie Calendar pot pie for supper.   And now I am exhausted and after I finish with Dick will go to bed and read.


Take care and sleep well.

Dia Dhuit.

Mary



From an Email

PLEASE, READ THIS TO THE END.  IT IS VERY INTERESTING!!!

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons



 

1.  Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

 

2.  This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

 

3.  Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St.  Patrick's Day (March 17th)
than Target sells all year.

 

4.  Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco +
K-Mart combined.

 

5.  Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer,
and most speak English.

 

6.  Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

 

7.  Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep
in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

 

8.  During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

 

9.  Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

 

10.  Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of  which 1,906 are Super
Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

 

11.  This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart
stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

 

12.  90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

 

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for
suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix  the economy.

No comments: