Saturday, February 11, 2012

A day mostly at home and it was a good day to stay home.    The temperature never got over 13 and it was only 5 degrees (at least plus) when we got up.  A good day to stay home.   And Dick had the fireplace on this morning which really took the chill off of things.

I did three loads of wash and fixed a really good dinner of turkey breast with gravy, colcannon and a nice green salad.   I made a cole slaw with half to the cabbage.   Good thing I have it because we are out of lettuce. 

Dick's feet are really hurting him today.  That phantom pain is really difficult thing to cope with.   There is really nothing that will ease it.   Because it is the fault of his brain, not accepting that the limb is gone, medication does not help.   He is so tired tonight.   Actually he has been tired all day.    He did walk once and did his seated exercises, but he has no oomph.   I am sure that it has something to do with the congestive heart failure.  I hope as the change in medicine gets into his system, he will start feeling better.

I went to Mass at 4PM.  It was a nice mass.  I saw a couple of friends too and dropped a book off at Kate's on my way home.

Now I am home until Monday morning, the Good Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.

So I hope your Sunday will also be serene.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: