Friday, February 10, 2012

It snowed and the wind was blowing all day and I had to be out in it.  

To bad my bone scan was not scheduled for yesterday which was sunny, clear and still.   I got up at 6AM so that I could get ready for the day as I had to be at Sheboygan Memorial for the shot to make me radioactive.   I hope I don't glow in the dark tonight and keep Dick awake.   After the shot, I had to keep myself busy until 12:30PM.   So   I drove to Gander Mountain to stock up on 22 bullets and then went across the street to JoAnn;'s Fabric to pick up a rotary cutter blade, then I found a couple of fat quarters that might work for the wall hanging that I have in mind.

Then I filled up the tank and stopped at the bank.   (A poem - I just can't help myself.)  After those errands, I drove to Field and Fork to shop in their cute grocery and have lunch.   I bought biscotti, portabella mushrooms, wonderful dates, a watermelon radish,  hummus and Stephano;s Glop.    We will be snacking royally for the next few days or so.

I got back to the hospital at 12:30PM for the bone scan.   That went well.  I was able to take a little nap during the process.  He said that the bones showed up well.   Less body fat makes it easier to do their job.

I got home at about 2:30PM.   Too long, but not as long as I had thought so Dick and I were very happy about that. 



Now, the next time I have to go out will be to Mass tomorrow afternoon.  I should be able to sleep later tomorrow.   That will be nice unless something comes up.   When I got home there was a package for "Dick".  He had ordered some decaf Barry's tea for me so I am well stocked now.  What a guy.

That's all for today.   Did you like the picture of my deer horns?   I treasure that.   The Wild Game Dinner was like Christmas, with the horns AND the picture of the guys at the sausage tasting.  To see my brother Tim and Jim Karls is a real treasure.  It will be framed.

Love

Mary

No comments: