Friday, January 20, 2012

Whew!   This day our house was like a revolving door and I had to be part of the revolving.

Jody came at 8AM to clean.   We got the Santas down from above the kitchen cupboards and she cleaned up a storm.    I had to leave at 9:30AM to be at Blessed Trinity before Wally Dobrzynski's funeral so that I could hug the family before Mass.   As it turned out, the choir of five of the members that I had sung with several years ago was singing for the service with Zack Holzer playing and leading, asked me to join them.   I thought that was OK, as I had been in the choir for so many years with them and with Wally and his family too.   It seemed a fitting tribute and way to honor Wally.    I teased Zach in the fact that the least he could have done was have a Mass that I did not have to sight read.

I had to leave in the middle of Judy's Eulogy, as it was very Wally.   I had to get home because Rachel, the RN was coming at 11:00Am.   Fortunately she was a bit late so I even beat her home.    We got blood drawn for the anti coagulation clinic and a urine sample to see if his infection is gone.   Both came out very well.   The coagulation count was 221.    Which is as close to perfect as one can get and his urine infection is apparently healed.   Thank God.

I cooked up some grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.   We were just finishing lunch at about 12:30PM when Sara, PT, came.  Then Dick got a coughing spell.   It was pretty bad.    We finally got it settled and had him do a Albuterol inhalant, which seemed to provide some relief.    He was pretty weak by then but was able to walk and do a  number of the exercises that will keep him strong.
 
At 1:30PM Andrea, the home health aide came to give him his bath.   He really needed it after the coughing spell.    I took advantage of that time to switch the sleeve of his right prosthesis and wash the other one.   Tonight I will clean the left sleeve and have it ready to put on in the morning.

Shortly before 3PM, my Scottish friend Mike, from Accessability came to check out the chair.    He took the stump rests, as we don't need them any longer and showed me how to tighten the foot rest when it gets loose, as it has been.  He also told me that there is a Highland Games in June.   I will be in communication with him as to when that is as I would like to see him in action.   I will probably need a break from the action here about then.

So now you know why I am saying WHEW!

This was a really crazy day.    Tomorrow I will be spending about 6 hours enjoying my Irish heritage at the John Michael Kohler Art Center.   I baked scones to add to the Barm Brack and Lavender Cookies that I am taking for the Celtic Women High Tea we are hosting.    I won't be able to do much with the tea as I am being a storyteller poet for at least an hour probably more.     I just hope that I make a good storyteller/poet.

Pray for me.


So I want to get to bed early tonight so that I can finish gathering stuff for tomorrow.  I feel like I am taking half the house with me.   

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow after I get home.  Bobbie is coming to spend the day with Dick while I am gone.   So I won't have to worry about him at all.

God love you and bless you this weekend.

Mary

No comments: