Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I would have been able to stay home all day except for one thing.    As I wanted to start a batch of Barm Brack for Saturday,  I needed brown sugar.   Imagine my surprise when I looked in the cupboard and was out of it.  

I did not bet up until 8AM and Dick slept til 9AM.   I kind of like him sleeping later than me because I can get myself ready for the day and do a couple of things before the second wave hits.

We had a good late breakfast, washed Dick's hair and then I zipped off to the store to get the brown sugar before we had to think about Andrea, Health Aid and Sara, PT, coming.    I mixed up the raisins, sugar and tea for the brown bread and made a few phone calls while all of that was going on. 

He is all sparkly clean.  He informed me that he ALWAYS sparkles though.   And his exercises went very well.  He walked and did several balance and strengthening routines.   Sara says that he is definitely getting stronger as we go on.   I know he is working hard between sessions as we have goals to meet.   We may have slightly different goals but they aim for the same targets.

I accomplished a lot of other things.    I got more done downstairs on the quilting projects that I am working on. I have a box of tea pots and tea cups and saucers ready to stow in the car for Saturday and I have started a batch of country bread.

So it has been a very satisfying day.    Tomorrow I get to stay home also.   Then Friday will be a day from hell.

Please pray for the soul of my friend Wally Dobrzynski, who went to be with Our Lord yesterday.  His funeral is Friday at 10AM so I have fit that into the day along with everything else.    I sang in choir with him and his daughters Debbie and Judy and son Tim.   His wife, Ruth, is a dear person too and I know she will miss him.

So that is the day.   We are having Chicken Breasts stuffed with Spinach for supper tonight.  

Hope you are eating as well.   My brother in law, George Hiner, used to say when sitting down to a great meal. "I wonder what the rich folks are eating tonight."

Dia Dhuit

Mary

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 50
Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.
With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.
Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute (I'm at this level).
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.

 
   

No comments: