Monday, January 16, 2012

An extra busy Monday.

I got up reluctantly, as my night's sleep was rather broken, at 6:30AM.  As Dick was sleeping, I took my shower and got dressed and cleaned the cat box and got the medicine out before he  wakened.  Then we finished up the morning things and had our breakfast before I had to leave for Bible Study at 9:15AM.

There were 5 of us there this morning and it made for an intimate discussion.of what integrity means to us in the royal sense.   We all have a royal obligation to be truthful, the  sweep the wicked from our lives and to love one another and cherish one another.

  Did you know that God expects us to follow a royal code of conduct?  Read Psalm 101.

Then I went to visit Mom.   She is doing well but seems tired to me.    We got her checkbook and bills updated and had a nice discussion of everything, as we are wont to do.   Just before I left Aunt Kathleen called.   She wanted Mother to know that she was coming out to visit her.   That will be good for both of them.    Mother and Aunt Kathleen have always been close and it is good for them to be together this close to losing Uncle Bob.

I got home in time to fix a good meal of ham and mac and cheese for our lunch before picking up Lynn and Jena and Kate to go to Beverly's home for our Cream City Writer's meeting.. Beverly fell and broke her hip just before Christmas and ended up with a hip replacement.   She just got home from all the rehab and everything last Friday and asked us to come to her home for the meeting as she is still healing and shouldn't be doing a lot of traveling and/or moving.    We had a nice meeting, reading what we had written in the past month and discussing what we want to do in the next.   

I have more little cuts and wounds on my hands and arms and managed to cut my index finger on a soda can tab tonight.   Good Grief.   One \would think that as one gets older one would get more adept at things.

I received the following from a friend today and thought you all might get a kick out of it.


To help save the economy, the Government will announce next month that the Immigration Department will start deporting seniors (instead of illegals) in order to lower Social Security and Medicare costs. Older people are easier to catch and will not remember how to get back home. I started to cry when I thought of you. Then it dawned on me ... oh, crap ... I'll see you on the bus.

A good rest to you and Dia Dhuit

Mary 

No comments: